Sunday, 21 December 2014

National Convention-The preparations!!!

December21st , 2014
The cosy bed
6.38pm

2154 students,the complete auditorium, siri fort auditorium, filled with faces of all kinds and of all genres,one good morning from the President and a united greeting in response,a silent listening among all and the wait for a fun filled evening.

The scenario is of the National Convention for CA students.

The calender showed 27th November,around 7.32 in the morning when a call woke me up. "dude, aaj meeting hai 3 baje"
I don't know what replied I gave, but I knew I said something like,"bhai,uthne to de!"

The next agenda after the exams was the convention and I knew my participation would become mandatory if I attended even one meeting and yes,I was damn right.
The meeting commenced and I tried to ostracise myself as efficiently as possible,but my efforts were in vain. on voting by my friends present there,I was chosen to be one of the heads and there was only one word on my mind- FUCK!!

I knew I had been bestowed upon with abnormal powers,lets say,due to my friends( don't worry,il get back to u soon :/) and just like spider man used to say,"with great powers comes great responsibilities"
My father always say either don't take up any responsibility and if you do,then complete it with utmost excellence so that no one can have access to the kryptonite to your superpowers.

And the promotions phase began

My intention in entering the convention was to expand my network and it did. The best part comes when you go and meet different students,faculties,members etc. some faculties are very supportive,some are equally anti supportive. There is a feeling of content when you talk to people and you are able to maintain their attention on what you are speaking. trust me,its very difficult to do so!

I kept my areas limited and got a good response,I was content, thou I was still inconclusive as to how will I proceed further. It was the end of 9th day of my promotion,I had already gathered a 100students when I got to know that nothing is in order and the coordinators are fighting among themselves regarding the petty issues which just came up out of nowhere.

Someone had to enter in between and deep inside I knew it was me,but I was scared. not coz of the fight,but what if things worsened?what if my actions backfired?what if someone judged me wrong?

I entered

Everybody was supportive, everybody wanted the convention to succeed and just when they saw a light,all ran in unity towards it. when today I look back,I feel that if everybody dint kept their egos aside and did whatever they felt is correct, everything would have gone wasted.

Things started flowing in the manner they should. people religiously worked in whatever time they could get and finally things started moving. we had to match the pace of time in completing the work and thanks and a big hug to all the people working who made it possible.

After a major portion of time dedicated  towards the promotions we now shifted to delegation of duties to be performed on the main day. A group of 5 sat with me and helped in delegating and dividing the work. Everyone had to be strategically placed and I knew it very well how to do that :p

The kits were arranged,the shopping was completed,the flowers for our dignitaries were ordered,gifts and merchandise was arranged and literally in a span of 5 days,everything was finalised!

The anchors, who were selected,actually earned their position on the podium. For the first time(if im not wrong) 3 stages of auditions were conducted and all judges by unbiased and educated judges! ahem well,at least 2 stages were! ;)

I really feel bad for my co-host. I being involved in almost everything had to manage the people flowing in and out and their issues and grievances and also prepare for my session. She did all the hard work of preparing the script,editing it,adding and deleting stuff and finally finalising it. I just came and saw whether what she wrote is feasible and trust me,it was awesome!! love you "M1" :p

It was 15th night,10.27pm when a guy,apparently the paper presenter, called and said in a south indian accent," sir,I'm in train and will reach Delhi by 6am"
and I was like,I'm screwed!! where the hell will I keep him at 6 in the morning???? I was looking after the accommodation and I was so stressed by that one call!! I called a dear friend and asked him if he could pick this guy and keep him at his home for at least 4 hrs so that I can complete the formalities at the hotel already booked and he readily agreed! :D

For all those working in the administration dept of any office,I salute you guys! its hell of a job to manage everything! I know this for sure,one just cannot conquer alone! if you want to be invincible,rather than making people work,work with them..

One guy came at 5pm and the last guy to enter that day checked in at 11.47pm. after arranging for food and other requirements,I headed for home..when I rang the door bell, it was 1am!

The big day had finally arrived and things had to be kept in control for at least next 2days and thank god they did!

Among all these mismanagment and completing work within the given deadlines I found a person who is an epitome of managing things efficiently. It was his constant support that kept my sanity intact.  Thankyou my "kuber" :p

I lied on the bed at 1.32am just to again get up at 4am.

The next day, place was named ITO, time displayed by institute clock was 5.32am and i was standing there to execute the further orders.......

WELCOME TO THE NATIONAL CONVENTION FOR CA STUDENTS



-MaCkY :-)

7 comments:

  1. Beautifully written Mayank Sir...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanku ragini :)
    Thanku anant ;)
    And cal me mayank/macky..no sir :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The arrangements were perfect.I couldn't have made it to Delhi (3000kms) without your help. Our country needs CAs like you. Keep up the good work, rock on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanku brother. it was indeed a pleasure having you here..stay in touch!
    i would love to have a friend like you in my life :)

    ReplyDelete